Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
b166er

Default wild card with if logical function

HI MEMBERS,

I need help to use if function with wild card. i want to get the value
of 40(5th character) out of 32/2540-25 if i used wild card(?/*) with
logical test eg

A1=32/??40* it shows invalid argument.

32/2540-25 is our cost job number and 40 character is for loacation.

32/2520-25 is our cost job number and 20 character is for loacation.
how can i use wild card with if logical function.

--
b166er
b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions