Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Default Advanced filter

I have database in excel that works as follows Column A is the part number.
Column B is the description. Column C is the price per unit. Column D is
the quantity required for Job number 1. Column E is the total price for
each item required in Job number 1. Column F is the quantity required for
Job number 2. Column G is the total price for each item required for Job
number 2. Etc. Is there anyway to use advace filter to hide all rows that
have no entry in the quantity column. Please understand that Job number 1
might have 2 of item xyz but Job number 2 might have none of item xyz but
this row would still need to be visible.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Dave" wrote in message
I have database in excel that works as follows Column A is the part number.
Column B is the description. Column C is the price per unit. Column D is
the quantity required for Job number 1. Column E is the total price for
each item required in Job number 1. Column F is the quantity required for
Job number 2. Column G is the total price for each item required for Job
number 2. Etc. Is there anyway to use advace filter to hide all rows that
have no entry in the quantity column. Please understand that Job number 1
might have 2 of item xyz but Job number 2 might have none of item xyz but
this row would still need to be visible.

I would suggest that you produce a helper column with the total quantity of
the item across jobs 1 to n, and filter on that.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Thanks David that works great.

Any ideas how I would adjust to to work with a variable amount of Job? ie
the worksheet could end at column E (1 job) or go on for 20 jobs?

Dave