Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pref

Default Creating an exact time display

Hello Somebody,,
I could use some help with this one. I'm trying to create a formula using
MS Excel
because several persons will be using this file, and they should have this
software
on their machines.

OK, let's say that I wanted to determine the exact age of an individual that
has died.
I want everything figured in,,, like leap years and such.

I would like to enter two dates; their birth date and their date of death.
and I would like a date that formats something like one of the following:

49 "Years" & 72 "Days"
or like this:
49 "Years", 3 "Months" & 17 "Days"

Would appreciate any help along this line if I can get someone that's up for
the
challenge.....

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeffrey Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi Pref

See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Pref" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym")&" months
"&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md")&" days"

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"Pref" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pref

I would like to thank both parties that answered my post... I recieved
exactly what I needed... Thanks again..