Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SYBS

Default validation of time

I would like to enter a (time taken to do task) as 1.26 (minutes.secs) I
need to validate the cell entry to allow only from 0.01 - 9.59, and to
format the cell to show this 'time taken' as 1.26. I seem to be getting into
trouble with trying to use the formatting choices available and although I
have tried putting in m:ss it reproduces as a date or some inexplicable
number.

On my sheet I need to be able to enter up to five 'times taken' in a row
this is then averaged to produce a mean time. I then use a double ranking to
Rank first on points and then secondly on time if there is a points tie. The
ranking works well enough using seconds inputted and validated (as a whole
number),as from 1 - 300, but the times come in as 1.23 or 2.56 so it means
users have to mentally convert to enter the times as seconds which isnt very
accurate sometimes. Any one got any ideas. I've run out of them.

Thanks in advance

Sybs