Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ray Everingham

Default URGENT IF STATEMENT REQUIRED:True if moving between financial years?

I need to comeup with an IF statement, where of a date is moving from
one financial year to another, the output is Y.

I have tried working it out bu working with the financial year as
oppossed to the calander year is causing me problems.

Appreciate you help.

Please email me at

--
Ray Everingham
Ray Everingham's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See answer in excel.misc and please don't multipost.
Andy.

"Ray Everingham"
<Ray.Everingham.28en1m_1148630102.5486@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Ray.Everingham.28en1m_1148630102.5486@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

I need to comeup with an IF statement, where of a date is moving from
one financial year to another, the output is Y.

I have tried working it out bu working with the financial year as
oppossed to the calander year is causing me problems.

Appreciate you help.

Please email me at

--
Ray Everingham
Ray Everingham's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545760

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure how one date moves anywhere, so it may be difficult to answer
the question, BUT why not have the start/finish dates of the financial
year on 2 cells in the workbook and reference these?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ray Everingham

Sorry about multiposting. My first time here.

The situation I have is that I have one date in cell A1 and another
date in cell A2. What I am trying to find out is first, if there is a
logical or financial function that will return TRUE if the financial
year in cell B2 has moved on a year. For example, A1=01/05/06, B1=
01/04/07, Answer=TRUE.

I do apologise if this is a question that has been asked a thousand
times before. If you can direct me to where I can find the answer in a
FAQ then great.

--
Ray Everingham
Ray Everingham's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34822