Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Striderider

Default Repeating Formulas

This should be really easy, I am just terrible with excel.

I want to set up a personal finance database. It is a very easy worksheet
that just looks like this
A B C
1| Date | Change | Result |
2| Initial 0 500
3| 5/24/06 30 530
4| 5/25/06 -45 495

So on and so forth.
Now for C3 I wrote =SUM(C2,B3) and it gave me the right answer. However, how
do I make it so that every cell in the C column it always adds the number
above it to the number in the cell before it, without having to write the
individual equation in every cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Just Copy cell C3 and paste it to the cells below.........
Or, select C3 and left-click on the black square in the lower right cornerof
C3 and drag down comulm C.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Striderider" wrote in message
This should be really easy, I am just terrible with excel.

I want to set up a personal finance database. It is a very easy worksheet
that just looks like this
A B C
1| Date | Change | Result |
2| Initial 0 500
3| 5/24/06 30 530
4| 5/25/06 -45 495

So on and so forth.
Now for C3 I wrote =SUM(C2,B3) and it gave me the right answer. However,

how
do I make it so that every cell in the C column it always adds the number
above it to the number in the cell before it, without having to write the
individual equation in every cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

More logical will be:
Date Change Result
Initial 500 500
5/24/06 30 530
5/25/06 -45 495

Then into C2 enter the formula
=IF(A2="","",SUM(C1,B2))
, and copy it down for any reasonable amount of rows (the date check allows
you to have formulas in column C ready for input)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )