Rush

Default Paste functions into a new XLS

I have two files, template.xls and working.xls.

I've just added a new worksheet to template.xls and I want to copy/paste
this worksheet into working.xl.

When I do, the layout gets copied, but none of the underlying functions that
I set up.

Surely, there has to be a way to copy a worksheet, including its underlying
functions, into a new XLS file.

Working.xls has a month's worth of data entered so I REALLY do not want to
create a new working.xls based on the modified template.xls.

Thanks!
Gord Dibben

Rush

Have template.xls open.

Have working.xls open if already created. If not, see below.

With template.xls active right-click on the sheet and "move or copy". Check
"create a copy" then select working.xls from the list of "to book".

Choose where to place it in order and OK your way out.

If working.xls has not been yet created, just have template.xls open then in
the "to book" select "new book" and one will be created.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP