Linny51

Default removing firsts two numbers from a list of #s

I have a large list of numbers that are, as an example, 20-13-240. I want to
remove the first "20" from each number. Is there a quick way of doing that?

thanks!
JulieD

Hi

one option,
(on a backup copy of your workbook)

select the data and choose
data / text to columns
choose
fixed width and press next
click on the preview bit after the 20
so you have
20|-13-240
where the | is the line drawn in by excel
click next
then for the
20
choose "do not import"
click in the -13-240 bit
and choose "text"
click FINISH

Cheers
JulieD

"Linny51" wrote in message
I have a large list of numbers that are, as an example, 20-13-240. I want
remove the first "20" from each number. Is there a quick way of doing
that?

thanks!

JulieD

Hi Linny

easy to do (forget that is!)

have fun
JulieD

"Linny51" wrote in message
Oh duh, Julie ! I can't believe I forgot this! Thanks so much!