Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HRLADY

Default Counting the number when you have a number and text

I have a column for EE or SP and a column that has an amount of insurance
coverage like 10,000 etc.

I want to count the total number of EE have that level or type of coverage

My columns are like this:
C1 EE K1 10,000
CE SP K2 200,00

I have tried numerous formulas from the various discussions and I can't find
any that works.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChuckF

I think I understand your question and you will just want to do a

==COUNTIF(A1:A4,"EE")

A1:A4 needs to be adjusted for your data range.

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChuckF

not sure where that double ='s came from...but you only need one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Assuming col B houses: EE, SP, etc and col D contains the figures
we could do it in say, F1:
=SUMPRODUCT(($B$1:$B$10="EE")*($D$1:$D$10=10000))

Adapt the ranges to suit, but note that we can't use entire col references
(eg: A:A, B:B) in SUMPRODUCT
--
Max
Singapore
"HRLADY" wrote:
I have a column for EE or SP and a column that has an amount of insurance
coverage like 10,000 etc.

I want to count the total number of EE have that level or type of coverage

My columns are like this:
C1 EE K1 10,000
CE SP K2 200,00

I have tried numerous formulas from the various discussions and I can't find
any that works.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi, did you try COUNTIF?

Assuming that the 10,000 are on the column D, "=contif(d2:d1000,"10000")

hope it helps

Marcelo - Brazil

"HRLADY" escreveu:

I have a column for EE or SP and a column that has an amount of insurance
coverage like 10,000 etc.

I want to count the total number of EE have that level or type of coverage

My columns are like this:
C1 EE K1 10,000
CE SP K2 200,00

I have tried numerous formulas from the various discussions and I can't find
any that works.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HRLADY

It didn't work it gave me 0. Also note that the figure with numbers verify. I
want the number of EE's that have any amount in the other column.

"HRLADY" wrote:
I have a column for EE or SP and a column that has an amount of insurance
coverage like 10,000 etc.

I want to count the total number of EE have that level or type of coverage

My columns are like this:
C1 EE K1 10,000
CE SP K2 200,00

I have tried numerous formulas from the various discussions and I can't find
any that works.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"HRLADY" wrote:
It didn't work it gave me 0. Also note that the figure with numbers verify. I
want the number of EE's that have any amount in the other column.

Try instead in say, F1 something like:
=SUMPRODUCT(($B$1:$B$10="EE")*($D$1:$D$10<""))
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChuckF

A B C D
1 C1 EE K1 10,000
2 CE SP K2
200,000
3 C1 EE K1
10,000
4 CE EE K2

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B4="EE")*(D1:D40))

You get an answer of 2. There are two enterys where EE is in colulmn B
and there is a dollar value colulmn D.

You will obviously need to change B4 and D4 to whatever it is that you
need it to be.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Marcelo" wrote: