Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Green

Default How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

Hi I wonder if any body could help me with this question
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan

Can't see all of your title message, but if youre trying to use INDIRECT to
get a result from a closed workbook it doesnt work as far as I know, there
are ways round it though, post more detail,
Regards,
Alan.
"Ed Green" <Ed wrote in message
Hi I wonder if any body could help me with this question

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Not possible, you need VBA for that, Harlan Grove wrote a UDF called Pull and
Laurent Longre has an add-in where the function is named
INDIRECT.EXT

ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/
Look for pull.zip

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc)
http://xcell05.free.fr/

the latter comes with help files

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Hi I wonder if any body could help me with this question

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Green

Hi Alan,

Thanks fior replyinh

I have a workbook which uses indirect to reference a named range in another
workbook. There are quite a few named ranges in quite few closed workbook.
Having them all open would stress the memory of the pc, si I was wondering if
there was a straight forward way of referring to the ranges without getting
#ref! in the cell.

Ed