Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
heymoa

Default named range into formula?

Hi I have 2 ranges of cells named data1 and data2. I want to use these ranges
in one lookup formula by use of a drop down box.

If I type directly into the lookup formula "data1" as the table array the
formula works. Is it possible for the table array name to come from the drop
down selection?

Have tried right(), cell("contents",) but they dont work.

Basically I want to have a page with the formula and inputs and all the data
on separate pages. These pages are related to a drop down box on the input
page.

Thanks
Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bondi

Hi,

Maybe you can use Indirect()

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try using the INDIRECT funciton, like in this example:

With your Data Validation cell is A1, with options Data1 and Data2.

B1: =VLOOKUP(5,INDIRECT(A1),2,0)

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"heymoa" wrote:

Hi I have 2 ranges of cells named data1 and data2. I want to use these ranges
in one lookup formula by use of a drop down box.

If I type directly into the lookup formula "data1" as the table array the
formula works. Is it possible for the table array name to come from the drop
down selection?

Have tried right(), cell("contents",) but they dont work.

Basically I want to have a page with the formula and inputs and all the data
on separate pages. These pages are related to a drop down box on the input
page.

Thanks
Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
heymoa

wow that was quick!!!

thank you, knew there must have been a way!

"heymoa" wrote:

Hi I have 2 ranges of cells named data1 and data2. I want to use these ranges
in one lookup formula by use of a drop down box.

If I type directly into the lookup formula "data1" as the table array the
formula works. Is it possible for the table array name to come from the drop
down selection?

Have tried right(), cell("contents",) but they dont work.

Basically I want to have a page with the formula and inputs and all the data
on separate pages. These pages are related to a drop down box on the input
page.

Thanks
Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions