Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian

Default import a variable number from a web page

I have a worksheet which is a financial analysis based on the Euro
currency.Currently I have to change it several times daily and this requires
me changing it manually based on the current rate of exchange which I get
from a website.
Is it possible for me to incorporate this varying figure into my worksheet
in order for it to "update" itself automatically?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cvolkert

You can pull data in from web sites using the Tools / Get External Data
command. You could then just refresh whenever you need it updated.
Without knowing the website you are speaking about, it's dfficult to
give more details, but hopefully this gives you a start.

Let me know if you need more help, Chad

--
cvolkert
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24380

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WhytheQ

getting data from websites using Get External Data seems great at the
time, but the major drawback is that whenever the webpage layout
changes the query will fail: and websites have a tendency to change
pretty frequently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
botha

I use excel to import data from non secure sites with no problem at all.

But now, I was trying to import some data from a secure site (one that
you have to login with a username and a password) and everything seems
to work well but at the end I receive this error message:

Unable to open www.xxxxxx.xxx. Cannot download the information you
request.
Does any one knows one way to bypass this ?

--
botha
botha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35601