Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sharky23

Default Linking and Query, Please help

I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will display information stored on a
network server for a simplified report. I have found how to access and link
to another workbook stored on a network drive. The file that I will be
accessing is replaced daily with the new report.

I need the information from column "D" that is in a row where let's say
column "A" =22, and column "B" =302. The number of rows in the spreadsheet
change daily so I am not able to choose a specific cell to link to.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

What type of data is in column D, text or numeric?

Will there be only 1 instance of 22 in column A and only 1 instance of 302
in column B?

Try one of these:

If column D is numeric:

Normally entered:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A65535=22),--(B1"B65535=302),C1:C65535)

If column D is text:

Array entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(D:D,MATCH(1,(A1:A65535=22)*(B1:B65535=302), 0))

Adjust the range size if you don't use anywhere near the entire column. No
sense in referencing down to row 65535 if you only use 100 rows at most.

Biff

"Sharky23" wrote in message
I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will display information stored on
network server for a simplified report. I have found how to access and
link
to another workbook stored on a network drive. The file that I will be
accessing is replaced daily with the new report.

I need the information from column "D" that is in a row where let's say
column "A" =22, and column "B" =302. The number of rows in the
spreadsheet
change daily so I am not able to choose a specific cell to link to.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sharky23

Thanks, all I have to do now is tweak this to access the excel sheet on the
network drive. Your assistance in this was very appreciated. I have already
tried it out a little and it works perfectly using either of the two formulas.