Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Default Sumproduct with #N/A in range

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Maybe something like this:

=SUM(IF($A$21:$A$36=11,IF(NOT(ISNA($B$21:$B$36)),$ B21:B36,0)))
which is an array formula (enter using cntl-shift-enter instead of just enter)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Let me give you my formula:
=sumproduct(B2:B400)*(A2:A400=F1)

With the above....when it finds an #N/A in Column A...it returns #N/A. I
need to add something to that section to ignore any #N/A.

Thanks again.

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You don't need SUMPRODUCT

=SUMIF(A2:A400,F1,B2:B400)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct

formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to

complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something

I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Applying my formula to your range (and borrowing from Bob's answer,) I came
up with:

=SUM(IF(A2:A400=F1,IF(NOT(ISNA(B2:B400)),B2:B400,0 )))
which again is an array entered formula (ctrl-shift-enter)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Sorry for the confusion....the referenced formula is a stripped down version.
I do have other criteria in the formula. I was trying to show just the part
that is giving me errors. Bottom line is that I am trying to find something
that I can add to my sumproduct formula that ignores #N/A.
Thanks again!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You don't need SUMPRODUCT

=SUMIF(A2:A400,F1,B2:B400)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct

formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to

complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something

I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Then use the same technique I showed you earlier

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A400,F1,0))),B2:B400)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Deeds" wrote in message
Sorry for the confusion....the referenced formula is a stripped down

version.
I do have other criteria in the formula. I was trying to show just the

part
that is giving me errors. Bottom line is that I am trying to find

something
that I can add to my sumproduct formula that ignores #N/A.
Thanks again!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You don't need SUMPRODUCT

=SUMIF(A2:A400,F1,B2:B400)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Deeds" wrote:

I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct

formula...there are
some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to

complete
the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there

something
I can
add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

right in front of me....sorry. Much appreciated!

"Deeds" wrote in message
Sorry for the confusion....the referenced formula is a stripped down

version.
I do have other criteria in the formula. I was trying to show just the

part
that is giving me errors. Bottom line is that I am trying to find

something
that I can add to my sumproduct formula that ignores #N/A.
Thanks again!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You don't need SUMPRODUCT

=SUMIF(A2:A400,F1,B2:B400)