Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick S.

Default How do I highlight cells on a worksheet that contain formulas

Is there a way to use conditional formatting to highlight any cells on a
worksheet that contain a formula?
--
Thanks,
Rick S.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Add a custom function like

Function Is(rng As Range) As Boolean
If rng.Count 1 Then
IsFormula = CVErr(xlErrValue)
Else
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End If
End Function

and use =IsFormula(A1) in the CF

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rick S." wrote in message
Is there a way to use conditional formatting to highlight any cells on a
worksheet that contain a formula?
--
Thanks,
Rick S.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BetterSolutions.com

The following page shows a good example of using a custom function with
conditional formatting:

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel...I418210881.htm

regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Just a typo alert:

Function Is(rng As Range) As Boolean
should be:
Function IsFormula(rng As Range) As Boolean