Mohamed S.

Default In MS Excel, after you input an USD amount, an option for automat.

In MS Excel, after you input an USD amount, an option for automatic function,
for figures in words could be present.
Ola

Hi

Try this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q213360

To insert the program, do this:
1. In Excel, Press Alt+F11
2. Menu: Insert/Module
3. Copy the suggested program and Past
4. You are ready
(5. Save if you want to keep it)

Example:
B1: = SpellNumber(A1)

Ola
M. Suhail

Thanks Ola, but i have to do it everytime (alt f11 & save it), Is there a
way, we can save it forever, and how to do.
Thanks dear

"Ola" wrote:

Hi

Try this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q213360

To insert the program, do this:
1. In Excel, Press Alt+F11
2. Menu: Insert/Module
3. Copy the suggested program and Past
4. You are ready
(5. Save if you want to keep it)

Example:
B1: = SpellNumber(A1)

Ola

Gord Dibben

You could save the macro SpellNumber in your Personal Macro Workbook which
contains macros available to all open workbooks.

If you don't have a Personal Macro Workbook...........

On menu go to ToolsMacroRecord New Macro.

You will be presented with a dialog box with Macro1 as name of macro. Below
that is "Store macro in". Select Personal Macro Workbook.

Record something simple like copying a cell and pasting. Stop Recording.
Close Excel and you will be asked if you want to save changes to Personal.xls

Click Yes. You now have a Personal.xls in your XLSTART folder which will open
each time you start Excel. When it is open, you can go to WindowsHide and
make it hidden. Save changes again.

The macros you create or copy to modules in the Personal.xls will be available
for all workbooks.

Assign these macros to Buttons on your Toolbar or to Shortcut keys.

OR you could place the macros in a blank workbook and save as an Excel
Add-in(*.xla) which can be stored in your Office\Library folder and loaded in
ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Ola" wrote:

Hi

Try this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q213360

To insert the program, do this:
1. In Excel, Press Alt+F11
2. Menu: Insert/Module
3. Copy the suggested program and Past
4. You are ready
(5. Save if you want to keep it)

Example:
B1: = SpellNumber(A1)

Ola

M. Suhail

Dear Gord Dibben
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, But your 1st alternative didnot work.
Can you please expain it again, a bit more in detailed steps.

Thanks,
Suhail

"Ola" wrote:

Hi

Try this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q213360

To insert the program, do this:
1. In Excel, Press Alt+F11
2. Menu: Insert/Module
3. Copy the suggested program and Past
4. You are ready
(5. Save if you want to keep it)

Example:
B1: = SpellNumber(A1)

Ola

Gord Dibben

Assuming "first alternative" is the text up to "OR you could place the macros"

I don't know how to get more specific about creating a Personal.xls

Which part(s) are you having trouble with?

I could probably work you through if I knew where you are stuck.

Gord

"Ola" wrote:

Hi

Try this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q213360

To insert the program, do this:
1. In Excel, Press Alt+F11
2. Menu: Insert/Module
3. Copy the suggested program and Past
4. You are ready
(5. Save if you want to keep it)

Example:
B1: = SpellNumber(A1)

Ola

M. Suhail

Dear "Gord Dibben"

On menu go to ToolsMacroRecord New Macro.
You will be presented with a dialog box with Macro1 as name of macro. Below
that is "Store macro in". Select Personal Macro Workbook.
Till here is ok,

After this, i didnot understand "Record something simple like copying a cell
and pasting. Stop Recording............
Please write in detail...

Where to record, and how to record & then....
Iam still in excel at this stage, do i need to go to Visual basic, & How.
I have not used macros till now.

Thanks so much ...