Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tanner

Default calling up cells from a table.

I'm trying to create a form that draws information from a table on a
seperate spreadsheet. This is an order form and the table carries the
product information....see below. What I need
is when the user selects a product and color, the adjacent cells in the
product table, with values and formulas, are copied to the form.

Item Color Quantity Weight Units/row
Paleo Beige 123 23.5lbs 42
Bergerac Grey 123 32 lbs 38

So if I have a drop down list on another sheet that chooses Paleo, then

the adjacent formulas and cells from the table would be copied over.

Maybe I should be doing this through a macro tied to a button.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tanner

will it also copy the formulas that are in the table?...in each cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

No: that will only copy the values.

To copy formulae, you need VBA code (macro)

HTH
--
AP

"tanner" a écrit dans le message de news:
will it also copy the formulas that are in the table?...in each cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tanner

That's what I thought. I'll try to figure out a macro to make it work.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

If Table is the sheet name, then you should really have:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Table!$A$1:$E$99,2,0) gets Color
=VLOOKUP(A1,Table!$A$1:$E$99,3,0) " Quantity

It can't copy the formula per se, only the value that the formula
produces - what formulae do you have anyway?.

Hope this helps.

Pete