Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robthemanbob

Default ifsum function question

I am trying to get a formula function to work where I want the forumla to
check one column and find all of the alike numbers and then add up another
column while all of the numbers in the column are correct. Here is an example

I am importing an CSV file and it has over 800 lines per col. I want the
formula to check col A:A for all numbers equaling 2396 and while all A:A
cells that equal 2396 I want the forumal to sum up the values in Col D:D.

If there is a way that you can help me figure this out please let me know.

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robthemanbob

Thanks for the very quick response and a very accurate answer. I was
including brackets where they did not belong!

Thanks

Rob

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SUMIF(A:A,2396,D:D)