Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BryanJ

Default open a query automatically

I have received an XL spreadsheet from a colleague. When I open it I get the
following message:
Cannot find 'C:\...'!Register.DClick, which has been assigned to run each
time [filename.xls]Sheet1 is opened.
I have tried everything I can think of to find where this is set without
success.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

Possibly if you go into thr Visual Basic editor Alt F11, and in the left
hand pane go down to where it says ThisWorkbook, double click on this.
Is there an event in the righ window under workbook open? Here or in a
macro that is called from here, there could well be reference to the
file that you can not find

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BryanJ

I checked this out but there is no code or macro here. No problem - I have
copied the data into a new spreadsheet and this opens fine without an error.