Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Damian

Default How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?

When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get
a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get
the file I want.

There must be a way to have them open automatically.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hank Scorpio

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian
wrote:

When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get
a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get
the file I want.

There must be a way to have them open automatically.

Go to Tools - Options - General and uncheck the "Ignore Other
Applications" box. That's most likely the problem.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then