Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Neil M

Default Trnasferring/ Copying Data Between Sheets

Okay lets say you have a workbook with multiple worksheets. On sheet 1, cell
A1 you have a cell that is for "sling load" it is a number. However, you
calculate this number by using a series of formulas on sheet 2. There are
multiple cells involved in calculating the sling load with the final result
in one of 6 cells on sheet 2.

Therefore I cannot simply use A1 = sheet 2(cell) because it could be one of
many.

Now, on sheet 2 you have 6 lifting arrangements to choose from to calculate
your sling load. Each arrangment uses multiple formulas to end up with a
final total load in one cell.

Is there a way to use some kind of button to where if the user of the
worksheet clicks the button it will automatically transfer/copy that number
to the desired cell on sheet 1?
If not, would the OR function work and how would I apply it?

Thanks,
Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David D

Neil,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but it sounds like what you're
doing can probably be accomplished with a combination of pull-down menus
(through Data Validation) and IF functions.

So, if A1 is a dropdown menu of various options, and A2 is the value, you
could put something like this in A3:

= IF(A1="This",A2*100,A2*300)

Thus, the formula that is used for A3 is going to be chosen based on what
the user selected from the drop-down menu in A1. Of course, you could make
that much more complicated to suit your needs.

I hope that comes close to what you were saying.

--
-David D