Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scotty

Default How do I show numbers in Excel as 48K instead of 48000?

I have large numbers in Excel, i.e. 48,760. I want to display it as 48. The
column heading will indicate the number is in thousands. I can't find a
formula to round the number and only display the amount in thousands.

I understand the "round" function but can't find a suitable truncating
function.

any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

=trunc(48760/1000,0) to convert the value to 48

format it with

"#,##0," to keep the value as 48760 but display it as 49

"Scotty" wrote:

I have large numbers in Excel, i.e. 48,760. I want to display it as 48. The
column heading will indicate the number is in thousands. I can't find a
formula to round the number and only display the amount in thousands.

I understand the "round" function but can't find a suitable truncating
function.

any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=TRUNC(A1,-3)/1000

you could use custom format to display it differently but it would be 49 not
48

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com