Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clyde

Default Results of conditional formatting not what desired. How do I corr

My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesnt produce the results I
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

I'm still not exactly sure what you mean. If you want it to highlight if
the date and month are in the current month try this in your formula for
conditional formatting.
=AND(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()),YEAR(A1)=YEAR(TODAY( )))

"Clyde" wrote:

My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesnt produce the results I
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Try =AND(MONTH(L55)=MONTH(TODAY()), YEAR(L55)=YEAR(TODAY()))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Clyde" wrote in message
My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesn't produce the results
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year
that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clyde

Default Results of conditional formatting not what desired. How do I

Hi Barb,

Thank you very much your solution worked perfectly.

Clyde

"Clyde" wrote:

My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesnt produce the results I
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clyde

Bonjour Bernard,

Thank you very much for your help with my Excel question. It worked
perfectly.
Another question, if you don't mind, and I hope I'm not imposing on your
time.
Let's say that the results of the cell are less than this month and year.
How could I get that to show up with whatever color I desire? Or, vice versa,
results are greater than current month and year?
Thank you again.

A la prochaine, Clyde Barney

"Clyde" wrote in message
My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesn't produce the results
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year
that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

You can have up to 3 conditional formats in a cell without using VBA
Look for the Add button on the Conditional Formatting button
You could try, for example
cond 1: =AND(MONTH(L55)=MONTH(TODAY()), YEAR(L55)=YEAR(TODAY()))
cond 2: =AND(MONTH(L55)<MONTH(TODAY()), YEAR(L55)=YEAR(TODAY()))
cond 3: =AND(MONTH(L55)MONTH(TODAY()), YEAR(L55)=YEAR(TODAY()))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Clyde" wrote in message
My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesn't produce the
results
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year
that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clyde

Hello Bernard,

Thank you again for your help.

I tried your suggestion and changed the date in the column that the L55
formula runs off of, but the results weren't right. I used a date of
22-Mar-2004 in cell K55 (L55 reference cell) but L55 didn't change to the
color I desired.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry but I'm very new at this stuff.

"Clyde" wrote in message
My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesn't produce the
results
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and year
that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Send me (my private email) the file
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Clyde" wrote in message
My formula produces a dd-mmm-yyyy result which is correct.

Cell L55 formula results a 17-May-2006

Conditional formatting is set to: Formula is: =L55<=TODAY()

With background pattern set to red.

My problem is that the conditional formatting doesn't produce the
results
desire which is that if the date in L55 falls within the month and
year
that
the background will be red.

How do I get the conditional formatting to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clyde

Hello Bernard,

I sent you my file at the stfx email addy without the truenorth because it
came back as undeliverable when I tried it with truenorth.

I hope you get my file.

Sincerely, Clyde