Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irene

Default Finding values in a list

Hi,
I have two questions:

1. how can i find out if it excist duplicate values in a list?

2. How can i search for a specific value in a list?

Thanx :)
Irene

--
Irene
Irene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34269

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1 - use the COUNTIF function - count the item in the full range - any
cases with duplicates will return values other than 1
2 - not sure what you mean, but data, filter, autofilter would do it,
edit find would do it, and vlookup may do it if you want to return
information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irene

I managed to find duplicates in the list by using the conditional
formatting.

I didn't understand how to find out if a specific value is in a list.

I have a list ranging from A1:D1000 containing numbers.
I want to find out if that list contains the value 878 and 882 and see
where this is in my list.

How can I do this?

Regards, Irene

--
Irene
Irene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34269
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=540974

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As I say, you can use the DATA Menu, then filter, then autofilter to
give you drop down arrows from which you can use CUSTOM to select 878
OR 882 as the values. You could also use the MATCH worksheet function
to give you a row number