Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andyuae

Default Counting the number of values in a list between two specified valu

I have 30 entries in a list which are the heights of students in my class in
cm. I want to plot a bar chart of this data so the spreadsheet is arranged to
show the data as numbers of students with heights between certain values eg 3
students between 131 and 135 cm, 4 between 136 and 140 cm, 2 between 141 and
145 cm etc. Which formula do I use to get excel to automatically calculate
the numbers iof students between these values? I have tried combinations of
SUM and IF to no avail. Can anyone help.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Also, have at look at FREQUENCY in Help