Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Colin Hayes

Default Saving worksheets within workbooks as individual files

HI all

I have a small problem I can't solve:

I have a workbook of 50 worksheets. Each worksheet in the workbook has
different data. I want to save each individual worksheet out as a
stand-alone xls file.

When I go to save each of the worksheets , I find that excel saves the
whole work book.

How can I save the contents of individual worksheets as discrete files ,
containing just the data in the individual worksheet?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

Colin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi

With code you can do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Colin Hayes" wrote in message ...

HI all

I have a small problem I can't solve:

I have a workbook of 50 worksheets. Each worksheet in the workbook has different data. I want to save each individual worksheet
out as a stand-alone xls file.

When I go to save each of the worksheets , I find that excel saves the whole work book.

How can I save the contents of individual worksheets as discrete files , containing just the data in the individual worksheet?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

Colin,

You could right click individual sheet tabs, move or copy to new book (new
file)

Beege

"Colin Hayes" wrote in message

HI all

I have a small problem I can't solve:

I have a workbook of 50 worksheets. Each worksheet in the workbook has
different data. I want to save each individual worksheet out as a
stand-alone xls file.

When I go to save each of the worksheets , I find that excel saves the
whole work book.

How can I save the contents of individual worksheets as discrete files ,
containing just the data in the individual worksheet?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Colin Hayes

In article , Ron de Bruin
writes
Hi

With code you can do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

Hi Ron

OK I tried this. I pasted the code from your page into my macro and
hoped it would take each of the 50 sheets in turn and save them out as
individual xls files. They're just numbered 1-50.

Unfortunately , it only saved three files , all of them empty! I'm doing
something wrong , clearly. I'll try again.

Best Wishes

Colin