Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie

Default How do I protect formulas from being deleted?

I have a worksheet with complex formulas, but if users input data or delete
the data in that cell, the formula is deleted. How can I stop this from
happening so I can create a template to distribute?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Select any cells that you DO want users to be able to change. Then Format
Cells, and select the "Protection" tab. Uncheck the box called "Locked".

Then, from the Tools Menu, select Protection. Then Protect Sheet. You may
set a password or not. And depending which version of Excel you have, there
may be some other options to play around with. Then click OK.

Now, users will only be able to change data in the cells that you previously
unlocked.

HTH,
Elkar