Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben

Default Can I hyperlink in my sheet to a remote document on my server?

I want to set up links in my spreadsheet that allow me to pull up articles
that are stored in a documents folder on the network. Right now I've made the
links in my spreadsheet, but if I move the spreadsheet out of the folder
where the articles are, the links do not work. I think I need help making
better hyperlinks. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hans bal(nl)

Your hyperlinks contains relative adresses. Try to edit the hyperlink and
enter the full path to the document on your server. Please note that the user
needs to have access to the server location in order to be able to use the
link.

"Ben" wrote:

I want to set up links in my spreadsheet that allow me to pull up articles
that are stored in a documents folder on the network. Right now I've made the
links in my spreadsheet, but if I move the spreadsheet out of the folder
where the articles are, the links do not work. I think I need help making
better hyperlinks. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben

I can hyperlink to the folder and that's it; do I have to do something
special to go directly to the file? Thanks!