Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DestinySky

Default Formula HELP PLEASE!!!!

I am working on a spreadsheet and when you "look" at the cell it looks like
this:
'S000000200BX00000001000 . I need to figure out how to do an auto sum on
these. I was messing around and did a few find and replace and got rid of the
'S thing and now I have a formula that looks like this... 2E+13... what is
going on with this crazy thing?? This is a spreadsheet that is not made with
in my company and I am not sure of how it was created!

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

Hi,
It looks like you are going the right way, sum can only be done on numbers,
and you are converting the strings to numbers. What you have there is
scientific notation for a number, in your case 2E+13 means a 2 followed by 13
zeros.
The thing here is if that is the number you expected. If you can get back
to the data origin, and they can explain to you what is on the data, you can
extract the desired information with text formulas as RIGHT, MID and LEFT
(check the help for each one, they are pretty easy)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.