Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kerry

Default How to generate a function from the given data list(Y and X)

Hi every one,
I try to accomplish this, for example,
give the two rows of data, assume one is for X, another is Y, how to get a
function between the two variables?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi Kerry,

One way is to do an X-Y Scatter chart then insert a Trendline.
If you've a rough idea of the type of function that links the X and Y
data then choose that function from the ones available. There is an
option available for the trendline's equation to be displayed on the
chart.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kerry

Hi Johnson,
Thanks, I know this to get a function from the chart fit,
but if we use this method, we must plot a scatter chart first, Am I right? I
need a lot of the 'function', are there any other ways to obtain this?