Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kerry

Default How to generate a function from the given data list(Y and X)

Hi Johnson,
Thanks, I know this to get a function from the chart fit,
but if we use this method, we must plot a scatter chart first, Am I right? I
need a lot of the 'function', are there any other ways to obtain this?

"Ken Johnson" wrote:

Hi Kerry,

One way is to do an X-Y Scatter chart then insert a Trendline.
If you've a rough idea of the type of function that links the X and Y
data then choose that function from the ones available. There is an
option available for the trendline's equation to be displayed on the
chart.

Ken Johnson