Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vbpatton

Default 30-yr Amortization allowing 26 payments per year/780 lines vs 360

The current template only goes to 360 payments. That is great for 12
payments per year, but I make 26 payments per year. I tried to copy the
lines down for the additional lines needed, but all the fields fill with
"#VALUE". Also, the dates do not calculate correctly for 14-day payments.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

I know nothing about Excel's amortization template, so I can't help you there.

However, amortization tables are very easy to build on your own, so you might
find it easier to build your own than modify the template. You need four
columns:

D2: Opening Balance
A3: Date
B3: Payment
C3: Interest =d2*IntRate/26
D3: Balance = d2-b2+c2

Copy down until Balance = 0

This will work if interest is compounded bi-weekly. If it's compounded monthly
(which is more likely), you will need to convert your rate to an effective
bi-weekly rate. Post back if you need help on this.

Fred