Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KwaiLo

Default Pulling from a table to make a timeline

All,
I have looked through my excel book, and online to find a solution to
the problem that I face.

I need to make a work schedule timeline for my shop floor, that will
look at multiple part numbers, due dates and job numbers, and place
this information into a very visual planning/ actual sheet.

We generate a table based on customer schedules weekly, and will
overwrite the first tab in the workbook. This table will not be in
part, or in date sequential order, though we can sort it if needed to
allow for easier pulling to the second sheet. Here is a picture, sorry
for the small size.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...rillesched.jpg

We run 2 10 hour shifts Monday through Thursday, and a 12 hour Friday
through Sunday. I want to have the timeline look to see if a
particular part number is required for a particular day, and put the
job number in the apropriate 'actual' cell if so. I would also like
the cell to change colour, to make it easier to see.

I have been able to get it to look for a part, and add it to the
correct day sell, but not to add the job number. I also need it to
continue looking for that part number for different days, which I can't
figure out. As well, I don't have any ideas on how it should handle
more than one possible requirement for a day. A picture of what this
looks like, again sorry for the size.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...rillegraph.jpg

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
KwaiLo

--
KwaiLo
KwaiLo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KwaiLo

Found out paint will let me save larger pictures.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2.../untitled2.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/untitled.jpg

Thanks,
KwaiLo