Junior Member

Default averageif function

Hello, Im trying to have information from C2:C3 averaged unless C2 is blank or 0. If it is 0 or blank I want B3 to be blank. I am trying to add this formula into B3. Ive tried a lot of different formulas and nothing is working. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Try this:

=IF(OR(C2={0,""}),"",AVERAGE(C2:C3))

HTH,
Elkar

--
curtll

Junior Member

Ive tried {=AVERAGE(IF(C2=0,0,C2:C3))} and several different variations of it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=IF(C2=0,"",AVERAGE(C2:C30))

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"curtll" wrote in message

Ive tried {=AVERAGE(IF(C2=0,0,C2:C3))} and several different variations
of it.

Don Guillett Wrote:
Post what you have tried

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"curtll"
wrote in message

Hello, Im trying to have information from C2:C3 averaged unless C2 is
blank or 0. If it is 0 or blank I want B3 to be blank. I am trying
add this formula into B3. Ive tried a lot of different formulas and
nothing is working. Can anyone help?

--
curtll

--
curtll

Junior Member

Yea neither of those are working. There is one more thing I want to add. When we come to the next day(b4) even if there is a blank on the previous day I need it to keep the figure from the previous average. Basically I need to have the cells below the current and future days kept blank until the daily average is inputed in column c. I know i shouldve said this from the beginning but didnt realize it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

You're sending mixed messages!

First you say to carry the previous average down if the present row is
empty:
<<"When we come to the next day(b4) even if there is a blank on the previous
day I need it to keep the figure from the previous average."

THEN you say you want the column to be empty if there's no data in the row:
<<"Basically I need to have the cells below the current and future days kept
blank until the daily average is inputed in column c."

So, which is it ? ? ?

Also, are you averaging *only* 2 cells (days) at a time, or ... is the
average to include *all* of Column C to date?

RD

"curtll" wrote in message

Ive tried {=AVERAGE(IF(C2=0,0,C2:C3))} and several different
variations
of it.

Don Guillett Wrote:
Post what you have tried

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"curtll"
wrote in message

Hello, Im trying to have information from C2:C3 averaged unless C2 is
blank or 0. If it is 0 or blank I want B3 to be blank. I am trying
add this formula into B3. Ive tried a lot of different formulas and
nothing is working. Can anyone help?

--
curtll

--
curtll

--
curtll

Junior Member

Nevermind I figured it out. Now how do I take an average from 1 cell on several sheets, w/o including 0's or blank cells and get it to average correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtll
Yea neither of those are working. There is one more thing I want to add. When we come to the next day(b4) even if there is a blank on the previous day I need it to keep the figure from the previous average. Basically I need to have the cells below the current and future days kept blank until the daily average is inputed in column c. I know i shouldve said this from the beginning but didnt realize it.
Junior Member

Im sorry, thats probably my issue with this im over analyzing it.....anyways I figured how to get column b to only populate with the corresponding date in column a except that when there is no numbers in column c its still populating #div/0 in column b....kind of annoyed with that right now so im not to worried about that right now although it would be nice to know how to add that into the forumla: this is in cell b3 =IF(NOW()<=A4,"",AVERAGE(C2:C4)).....the more important one would be to just average 1 cell over several worksheets, but not include the #div/0 or blank cells. Ive tried a lot of different ones and have done a lot of research and nothing is working. Any help would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdyer

"curtll" wrote in message

Ive tried {=AVERAGE(IF(C2=0,0,C2:C3))} and several different
variations
of it.

Don Guillett Wrote:
Post what you have tried

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
Create an AVERAGEIF function. as Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 2nd 05 01:27 PM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM