Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Crew

Default time now

I am using the function Now(), this returns the current date and time. If
there a way of using this function just to return the current time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Format as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
oups.com...

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Why not =MOD(A1,1) <G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Crew

Hi Pete

this returns the follwoing
00/01/1900 13:19

is there any way of it just returning 13:19

Many Thanks
Lee

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Format as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You need to format it as hh:mm as well as it is picking up the source cell's
format.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Format as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You can also try this one:
=TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))
The data that you get is the same as with the other solutions, but this
comes directly formated as required:

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Format as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Crew

Hi Miguel

That was just what I was after.

Many thanks
Lee

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

=A1 - INT(A1)

Format as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Bob,

I'd already given him a MOD function, so I thought I'd give him an
alternative.

Pete (Night Owl) <bg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

OK I see, a philanthropic barn owl <ebg

Catch one for me, I'm off to the land of zzz's

Bob

oups.com...