Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Justin

Default Looking in one col, counting in another. OFFSET?INDEX? Help!!

I have used this site often with great success, and now I finally have a
question!

I have a column of time stamps and I want to go down to a certain date and
then look to a column on the left and see how many cells have the word "Open"
in them. There can be any number of rows of each date, from none to
(realistically) say, 10. I only want to know how many cells say "Open" for
that date.

I want to use this by having the user just input a certain date, and then
the results of the "Open" status would be displayed for that date. I
actually want to know the total number of the same dates, and the number of
Open's, and get the percentage of Opens to the total.

For example, I want to input date of "4/29/06" and the result for "Open
would be 1. For 4/30 it would be 2, and 5/1 would equal 2.

Column€¦..

C H

Closed 04/29/2006 21:12
Open 04/29/2006 23:59