Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Looking in one col, counting in another. OFFSET?INDEX? Help!!

Does this also work?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(NOT(ISERROR($A$27:$A$100)=J10)),--($C$27:$C$100="Open"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the answers, I was able to get it working using the the TEXT
function since my imported dates are in text format. The TEXT function
converts the user input date to text, then uses that for comparison in the
columns.

=SUMPRODUCT(--((LEFT($A$27:$A$100,10))=TEXT(J10,"mm/dd/yyyy")),--($C$27:$C$1
00="Open"))

With column A with the text strings like: "04/29/2006 21:12" , and J10 has
the user input date, in date format, and column C has the choices

including
"Open".

Thanks again!
Justin

"Justin" wrote:

I have used this site often with great success, and now I finally have a
question!

I have a column of time stamps and I want to go down to a certain date

and
then look to a column on the left and see how many cells have the word

"Open"
in them. There can be any number of rows of each date, from none to
(realistically) say, 10. I only want to know how many cells say "Open"

for
that date.

I want to use this by having the user just input a certain date, and

then
the results of the "Open" status would be displayed for that date. I
actually want to know the total number of the same dates, and the number

of
Open's, and get the percentage of Opens to the total.

For example, I want to input date of "4/29/06" and the result for "Open
would be 1. For 4/30 it would be 2, and 5/1 would equal 2.

Column...

C H

Closed 04/29/2006 21:12
Open 04/29/2006 23:59