Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
james9662

Default Need to keep some info from formulas, but then change the formula

We have an Excel workbook that tabulates parts from entering parts needed and
we need to have the inventory number stay and it is changed and be able to
delete old entries and start new worksheets and have the inventory stay from
the last set of entries. I am not proficient with macros, so I would need
help here more than just say "Write a macro.", DO I have to link to a
seperate data base or excel sheet or can I do this in the same workbook?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jiwolf

If i understand you right, you have a stock inventory that you want to keep
track of. adding and deleting sock items as you go. Yes, you can write a
macro and yes it can stay in the same workbook

"james9662" wrote in message
We have an Excel workbook that tabulates parts from entering parts needed
and
we need to have the inventory number stay and it is changed and be able to
delete old entries and start new worksheets and have the inventory stay
from
the last set of entries. I am not proficient with macros, so I would need
help here more than just say "Write a macro.", DO I have to link to a
seperate data base or excel sheet or can I do this in the same workbook?

Thanks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
james9662

Default Need to keep some info from formulas, but then change the form

JWolf, thanks for the answer that I can do these things, but.......can you
help me a little more? And just to clarify, we have an extensive workbook
made up that has a reference sheet that we can place inventory items, the
problem is that we need to be able to use this workbook to put in individual
jobs, then use the output count to get to the shop so they know what parts
are needed and short. OK, then we want to be able to take out that job, and
have the referenced inventory sheet (that was accumulating from the last job,
stay as it is and then type in a new job, get the new inventory needs from
the output sheet......etc, etc. But can you see my delimma, I need the
inventory to keep accumulating, and not be changed by changing the other
formula using cells that affect the inventory!!!!

Jim