Fred Timmons

Default Values w/conditional formatting

I am managing a do-not-call list with a large contact
database. How do I establish a poitive/negative match
from source data.
eg. Cell D7 value is: 212-555-1212.
The source worksheet has a list of all phone numbers in
Column A.
So, if the value of Cell D7 matches a value in source
worksheet Column A, I can conditionally format it.
Thanks in advance.
Dave R.

You can use the FORMULA IS option under conditional formatting. Use a
formula like

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$999,B1)0

if you're referencing another worksheet, you must use indirect

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$A$1:$A$999"),B1)0

"Fred Timmons" wrote in message
I am managing a do-not-call list with a large contact
database. How do I establish a poitive/negative match
from source data.
eg. Cell D7 value is: 212-555-1212.
The source worksheet has a list of all phone numbers in
Column A.
So, if the value of Cell D7 matches a value in source
worksheet Column A, I can conditionally format it.
Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips

Use conditional formatting with a formula of
=ISNUMBER(MATCH($D$7,$A:$A,0))

and select a colour for the format.

If that source sheet is a different sheet to D7, then you will need to give
the cells in column A a workbook name and refer to that in the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"Fred Timmons" wrote in message
I am managing a do-not-call list with a large contact
database. How do I establish a poitive/negative match
from source data.
eg. Cell D7 value is: 212-555-1212.
The source worksheet has a list of all phone numbers in
Column A.
So, if the value of Cell D7 matches a value in source
worksheet Column A, I can conditionally format it.
Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips

I agree, but that depends upon an error always resolving as False. That is
something that doesn't seem right to me, and so I prefer not to rely upon
it.

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
Just

=MATCH($D$7,$A:$A,0)

should suffice.

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of
=ISNUMBER(MATCH($D$7,$A:$A,0))

and select a colour for the format.

If that source sheet is a different sheet to D7, then you will need to

give
the cells in column A a workbook name and refer to that in the formula.

Bob Phillips

Select all the cells D7:D500, and then go into CF and use a formula of

=ISNUMBER(MATCH($D7,$A:$A,0))

i.e. row relative

--

HTH