Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit

Default how do I convert cell 'Street,#' to '# Street' these are addresse

I have an extensive list of addresses -- provided format is 'streetname,###'
(notice comma), I need addresses in format '### streetname' (notice space).
An example would be 'Washington,1909' and desired outcome would be '1909
Washington' I'd appreciate any suggestions for conversion script.

Thanx RL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gilles Desjardins

First you create an empty column to the right of your text. Then Data, Text
To Columns and follow delimited with coma.
This will split your words from your numbers. At this time you now have two
columns. Then in an ALL new 3rd column to the right you CONCATENATE both
columns.
HTH

Gilles
"Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit"
icrosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I have an extensive list of addresses -- provided format is
'streetname,###'
(notice comma), I need addresses in format '### streetname' (notice
space).
An example would be 'Washington,1909' and desired outcome would be '1909
Washington' I'd appreciate any suggestions for conversion script.

Thanx RL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:35:02 -0700, Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit
icrosoft.com wrote:

I have an extensive list of addresses -- provided format is 'streetname,###'
(notice comma), I need addresses in format '### streetname' (notice space).
An example would be 'Washington,1909' and desired outcome would be '1909
Washington' I'd appreciate any suggestions for conversion script.

Thanx RL

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Here's another option