Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill

Default convert number in cell to text in another cell

I'm trying to take a number shown in one cell and show it in text in another
cell for example $300.50 is Three hundred dollars and fifty cents.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:15:03 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

I'm trying to take a number shown in one cell and show it in text in another
cell for example $300.50 is Three hundred dollars and fifty cents.

Download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in from
http://xcell05.free.fr/

Then use the NBTEXT function.

=NBTEXT(A1,2,1,"dollar and!","dollars and","cent!","cents")

--ron