Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PULIDOC

Default Excel 2003 sum figures without formula

In previous versions of excel you could sum figures without a formula and see
the running tally in the bottom right of the screen. For example:

Column A Column B Column C
20 30 10
25 15 5
12 45 50

If I would select (aka highlight) 20, 15, 12; I would see a running tally of
47. But on my version of 2003 I no longer have that function.

Could someone please tell me how to get that function back? I hate to keep
creating formula for something so basic.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T Duquette

It should just be that your view is not enabled. Go to View on the main
toolbar and "check" Status Bar

"PULIDOC" wrote:

In previous versions of excel you could sum figures without a formula and see
the running tally in the bottom right of the screen. For example:

Column A Column B Column C
20 30 10
25 15 5
12 45 50

If I would select (aka highlight) 20, 15, 12; I would see a running tally of
47. But on my version of 2003 I no longer have that function.

Could someone please tell me how to get that function back? I hate to keep
creating formula for something so basic.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MDW

Also, if you do have "Status Bar" selected, try right-clicking on the bar.
You might have to try it in a couple of different spots along the bar, but
eventually you should get a context-sensitive menu with various options
(Average, Count, Sum, etc.). Check next to "Sum" and you should be good to go.
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!