Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Default Where does "a,$B!I(B come from?

This might be a funny question but I want to know the reason.

Please look at the icon of a CSV file.
You can see "a," located at the bottom right on it.
"," (comma) might be understandable because of Comma Separated Values.
Where does "a" come from?

--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Thanks.

"a" for "ASCII"?
"a" for "abc" as a typical text string?

I think each of them reasonable.
Any other idea?

--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would SUGGEST that the A indictes values, and the comma indicates
they are comma seperated, but as it's only an icon....!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Either one works ok for me!

Mike wrote:

Thanks.

"a" for "ASCII"?
"a" for "abc" as a typical text string?

I think each of them reasonable.
Any other idea?

--
Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Where does "a,? come from?

Mike

The "a" designates that values are text type?

Guess only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:18:52 +0900, "Mike" wrote:

This might be a funny question but I want to know the reason.

Please look at the icon of a CSV file.
You can see "a," located at the bottom right on it.
"," (comma) might be understandable because of Comma Separated Values.
Where does "a" come from?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Thank you.