-   -   Where does "a,” come from? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85898-where-does-%1B%24b-i%1B-b-come.html)

Mike

Where does "a,” come from?

This might be a funny question but I want to know the reason.

Please look at the icon of a CSV file.
You can see "a," located at the bottom right on it.
"," (comma) might be understandable because of Comma Separated Values.
Where does "a" come from?

--
Mike

Dave Peterson

Where does "a,” come from?

Maybe to indicate that it's text (or an ASCII file)????

Mike wrote:

This might be a funny question but I want to know the reason.

Please look at the icon of a CSV file.
You can see "a," located at the bottom right on it.
"," (comma) might be understandable because of Comma Separated Values.
Where does "a" come from?

--
Mike

--

Dave Peterson

Mike

Where does "a,” come from?

Thanks.

"a" for "ASCII"?
"a" for "abc" as a typical text string?

I think each of them reasonable.
Any other idea?

--
Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...

[email protected]

Where does "a,” come from?

I would SUGGEST that the A indictes values, and the comma indicates
they are comma seperated, but as it's only an icon....!

Dave Peterson

Where does "a,” come from?

Either one works ok for me!

Mike wrote:

Thanks.

"a" for "ASCII"?
"a" for "abc" as a typical text string?

I think each of them reasonable.
Any other idea?

--
Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Where does "a,? come from?

Mike

The "a" designates that values are text type?

Guess only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:18:52 +0900, "Mike" wrote:

This might be a funny question but I want to know the reason.

Please look at the icon of a CSV file.
You can see "a," located at the bottom right on it.
"," (comma) might be understandable because of Comma Separated Values.
Where does "a" come from?

Mike

Where does "a,” come from?

Thank you.