Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
santaviga

Default Counting Formula

HI, Can someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using the following count to count how many time a number above 70 is
input, I need to add M or F onto the end of the numbers. e.g. 74M, the
formula i'm using does not recognise both number and text.

this is the formula i'm using: =COUNTIF(Interventions!C19:C81,"70")

I need to add a letter M and F onto the end of this formula to recognise
input of e.g. 74M, 86M, 95F to place in correct cells on a different
worksheet.

70+ Males for M & 70+ Females for F

Can anyone HELP!!!!!!!! Its doing my head in...

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nawaz50

first you have to manually enter M or F in col D against each person.
then in cell E19 enter this function.
=C19&D19 and copy it down to E81 this will add M or F

now what do you want to count. please explain breifly.

--
Nawaz50
Nawaz50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33938

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
santaviga

I have cells with headings Male 0-5 6-15 16-30 30-70 70+ the same for female
and age ranges these are against medicines.

So e.g. I want to input 56M into a cell I want this to count up into cell
labeled Male 30-70 and so on, keep counting the number of times ranges are
entered to M or F the same if I enter 74F I want this to count in the cell
labelled Female 70+.

Hope you can understand this, thanks for the HELP!!!!!

santaviga Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nawaz50

for a group suppose 30-40

use this formula =COUNTIF(range,"=30")+COUNTIF(range,"<=40")