Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel C

Default Increase excel worksheet vlaues by a percentage

Hi,

We receive quotes (sometimes quite lengthy) via excel from a supplier which
we need to add a percentage to in order to forward to our customers.

My question is, and I would be really grateful if somebody could give me the
answer as I have searched and searched for a solution..............

"How can I select a range of cells and increase their value by a set
percentage"

I know I can add a new columne and then enter a formula to multiply the
values by a set percentage but even that is long winded. Surely excel must be
able to make these changes easily but I can't for the life of me find it!

Frustratingly yours
Nigel Clifford

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Enter 1+the percent as a decimal into an empty helper cell (1.2 for an
increase of 20%)
Press Ctrl+C (copy)
Select the cells you want to multiply
Paste special/check multiply operation, Press OK
Dlelete the helper cell content!

Regards,
Stefi

€žNigel C€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi,

We receive quotes (sometimes quite lengthy) via excel from a supplier which
we need to add a percentage to in order to forward to our customers.

My question is, and I would be really grateful if somebody could give me the
answer as I have searched and searched for a solution..............

"How can I select a range of cells and increase their value by a set
percentage"

I know I can add a new columne and then enter a formula to multiply the
values by a set percentage but even that is long winded. Surely excel must be
able to make these changes easily but I can't for the life of me find it!

Frustratingly yours
Nigel Clifford

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
broro183

Hi Nigel,

In a blank cell (eg D1) enter your amount to increase the range of
cells by. For example, if you want to increase by 25%, enter 1.25 in
cell D1, press [ctrl + c], [alt + e + s] (Edit - Paste Special), and
then select your range and choose "multiply" & [enter].

hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel C

Sefi

Thanks a millions for that. I don't know why I couldn't find it but
sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees!

Once again, many thanks

Nigel Clifford
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel C

Hi,

Just a short note to say thanks a million. I should have been able to sort
this for myself but sometimes you can;t see the wood forthe trees!

Many thanks for your helo

"Nigel C" wrote:

Hi,

We receive quotes (sometimes quite lengthy) via excel from a supplier which
we need to add a percentage to in order to forward to our customers.

My question is, and I would be really grateful if somebody could give me the
answer as I have searched and searched for a solution..............

"How can I select a range of cells and increase their value by a set
percentage"

I know I can add a new columne and then enter a formula to multiply the
values by a set percentage but even that is long winded. Surely excel must be
able to make these changes easily but I can't for the life of me find it!

Frustratingly yours
Nigel Clifford

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

You are welcome, thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Stefi

€žNigel C€ť ezt Ă*rta: