briank

Default Sumif

I would like to use multiple criteria for adding up data in my worksheet.
I've tried Dsum and Sumif but can't get either to address multiple criteria.
As I understand SumIf, there is one arguement for criteria. How can I add a
criteria for my example below? Perhaps I should be asking if this is the
appropriate command?
ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE
Name Age Loc Date Amt
1 Smith 30 WA 2001 150
2 Jones 40 CA 2001 350
3 Selles 32 OH 2004 240
4 Kayt 45 WA 2002 200
5 Mink 24 WA 2000 250
Sumif(B1..B5, 25 AND C1..C5, = "WA", E1..E5)
Frank Kabel

Hi
use SUMPRODUCT. e.g.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B2525),--(C1:C5="WA"),E1:E5)

Also see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

briank wrote:
I would like to use multiple criteria for adding up data in my
worksheet. I've tried Dsum and Sumif but can't get either to address
multiple criteria. As I understand SumIf, there is one arguement for
criteria. How can I add a criteria for my example below? Perhaps I
should be asking if this is the appropriate command?
ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE
Name Age Loc Date Amt
1 Smith 30 WA 2001 150
2 Jones 40 CA 2001 350
3 Selles 32 OH 2004 240
4 Kayt 45 WA 2002 200
5 Mink 24 WA 2000 250
Sumif(B1..B5, 25 AND C1..C5, = "WA", E1..E5)

Domenic

Try the following...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B625),--(C2:C6="WA"),E2:E6)

Hope this helps!