Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gmh

Default If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

I have a basic order form spreadsheet. There is a formula in cell G22
that calculates the purchase amount (quantity x Unit Price or
specifically =A22*F22).

I need to copy it into the appropriate cells for items that aren't
listed in row 22.

It would, of course, be easy to just copy the formula down column G -
but then the Rows without an item in them would produce a $0.00 and I
do not want that $0.00 to show up. I only want it to show up if there
is a value greater than $0.00 in the cell.

Can you write an IF THEN statement that puts blanks in the G Column
Cells that have no items in them, and print the amount in the rows that
do have items in them. If its not an If Then statemtn - then how do i
make this occur??

I attached a jpeg of the area i am trying to work w/

tHANKS!!

|Filename: excelformulag22.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4686 |

gmh
gmh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33792
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535610

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

=IF(ISBLANK(A22),"",A22*F22)

The above formula will work.

Bill Horton

"gmh" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW

Alternatively you can suppress zero values.

To do this go to:
ToolsOptionsView tab and uncheck "zero values"

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Buttrey

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:55:20 -0500, gmh
wrote:

I have a basic order form spreadsheet. There is a formula in cell G22
that calculates the purchase amount (quantity x Unit Price or
specifically =A22*F22).

I need to copy it into the appropriate cells for items that aren't
listed in row 22.

It would, of course, be easy to just copy the formula down column G -
but then the Rows without an item in them would produce a $0.00 and I
do not want that $0.00 to show up. I only want it to show up if there
is a value greater than $0.00 in the cell.

Can you write an IF THEN statement that puts blanks in the G Column
Cells that have no items in them, and print the amount in the rows that
do have items in them. If its not an If Then statemtn - then how do i
make this occur??

I attached a jpeg of the area i am trying to work w/

tHANKS!!

Or a third option, use Conditional Formatting and set the font colour
to the same colour as the cell if the cell is zero.

Spoilt for choice now :-)

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW

Some might say sneaky!! Some might even say cheating!!
Me, I say BRILLIANT!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

"MartinW" wrote in message
Some might say sneaky!! Some might even say cheating!!
Me, I say BRILLIANT!!

But, when p.e. you calculate average from this range, such 'hidden' 0's are
taken fully into account (the same for unchecking zero values).

Arvi Laanemets