Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb from MA

Default How can I use spell checking in a protected worksheet?

My worksheet is protected but in the cells that a user can enter data I would
like to have the spell checking available but the button is grayed out unless
I turn the protection off.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Deb

You can use this macro to unprotect, run the spellcheck, then re-protect the
sheet.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:58:02 -0700, Deb from MA <Deb from
wrote:

My worksheet is protected but in the cells that a user can enter data I would
like to have the spell checking available but the button is grayed out unless
I turn the protection off.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP