Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bevatron

Default Analyze with Excel from Access

I have used Access "Tools" to analyze a query with Exel but can't get Exel to
then total a field without reentering all the numbers in the field. If this
makes any sense to anyone, please help me figure out how to make it work.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlbo

Hi,
when Access exports numbers, it often does so as text. To fix this follow:

Enter a 1 into any blank cell
Copy it
Select all your 'numbers' that you wish to convert to true numbers
EditPaste Special MULTIPLY & values

et voila
--
Rgds, Geoff

"A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone"

"Bevatron" wrote:

I have used Access "Tools" to analyze a query with Exel but can't get Exel to
then total a field without reentering all the numbers in the field. If this
makes any sense to anyone, please help me figure out how to make it work.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bevatron

et voila!!! You were so correct! I did have to make the 1 a number cell
prior to copying, but it worked. You have saved me much work and
aggrevation. Thank you.